Flight lesson one-o-one.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Osprey flying lessons have been going on for a couple of weeks now, this pair was photographed from the Zodiac, in back of the CT River, on Aug. 1, at 8:30 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm 1.4ext, f9, 560mm, 1/1600, ISO 800, and cropped around 60% in DXO PhotoLab 7.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

A nice set of flight images of these birds, Peter. I wish they had been flying toward you, but it doesn’t always work that way.

These osprey were way out there. Lighting is good and about the right amount of space for two osprey. I wish that they were flying towards you as Dennis stated, but still awesome to snag two in one view…Jim

Hi Dennis & Jim
Thank you for your comments. These Ospreys did a couple of laps around the river and the only problem with that was the flight path, in and out of tree and low ground cover.
Peter

Nice series Peter. I think I like the fourth one with the wings close to touching best. I hope you don’t mind but I took a shot at a vertical crop and I think I like it. See what you think. Ed

HI Ed
Thank you for the comments. This repost work, After seeing some master photographers present photographs with more open space than I would normally use, I thought I would give it a go.
Peter

1 Like