House cleaning

These shots are from day as my earlier Osprey posting. I had to more work in Lightroom to make these photos usable.

As for the headless fish in my first posting, I found about 80% the Ospreys returning their nest that way.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 03/29/20 07:58:21
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/2000
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 1250, Lens 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015
Focal Length 403.0mm

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice behavioral shots here Peter. It looks like you can get up fairly close to level with this platform, which is really nice. Exposure and detail look fine in all of them.

All nice shots. My favorite is the one with the stick in the Osprey’s beak.

Pleasant series here. Nice behavior exhibited in all the images.

It is really nice to see the three shots in a series. Thanks for posting them that way. All shots look very sharp and well exposed. And nice wing positions both flying and stretched out on top of nest. Hopefully you are able to get some nice feeding shots when the young hatch. Interesting comment about the fish coming back headless.

I don’t have much experience shooting ospreys, so it’s nice to see the behavior captured here. I wonder if you zoomed in more whether you could omit most of the man-made portion of the nest? Also, there is quite a bit more noise in the two shots where the osprey is on the nest as compared to the shot of the bird flying. Were they underexposed or processed differently? I do see that you shot in aperture priority. In a situation like this, where the sky is so bright, I always find myself shooting in manual because the camera will underexpose the bird. Looking forward to more.

Hi Davie & Lyle
The nest is at a boat launch and I sat on rock off the road going down to the launch. All three photographs of the Ospreys were underexposed and processed the same way in Lightroom.
Peter