Well the Ospreys are back

Well the Ospreys are back. This photograph was taken at Four Mile River in South Lyme, Ct. on a very over cast day. Over the twelve shot I kept this one had the best light. The photo was taken with the ad of a mono-pole and edited in Lightroom. I adjusted the exposure by +.55, hightlights by -73, clarity by +23 and saturation by+37.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 03/29/20 08:03:09
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/500
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 1250, Lens 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015
Focal Length 451.0mm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Pete,

This image could also be placed in man and fauna too. The lighting on the wings is nice and the soft blurred BG works well for the shot. You could clone it out if so desired. The osprey is the star if the shot so I do not mind the post. Well done…Jim

Superb detail and a perfect angle, Peter. The power pole and wires are sufficiently blurred that they’re not a distraction. Odd that the fish seems headless. Was the Osprey scavenging?

Wonderful details in the Osprey, Peter. I’m not bothered by the power pole. That is odd about the fish without the head. Maybe he stole it from another bird of prey after they had removed the head. Great shot.

Hi Pete, nice catch of the osprey in flight with a catch. Well done. Nice composition with the bird placed well in the frame. In my opinion, the image would be much better without the power pole in the background. I’d also run noise reduction on the background.

I like this shot a lot. The BG pole is not an issue for me. I’ve learned that male Ospreys like to eat the brain of a fish (high in nutrients) as a kind’ve a snack on the way to donate it to the nest to give it away. I’ve witnessed it several times myself.

A nice look at the Osprey in flight with prey. It stands out well from the background, so I’m pretty focused on the bird.