Hunting

I photograph this Osprey on the Back River, Old Lyme, Ct on May7, at 6:45AM. The Osprey make a couple of passes and then more on.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F7.1, 516mm, 1/2000, -.7EV, ISO 320. The shot is cropped by 35% into a 16 by 9 and I used Nik Collection 4 (Vineza 3) for adjustments and sharping.

Looks really good, Peter. Such concentration! Maybe a touch more exposure could brighten things and let us see all that detail. I like the shadow of one wing on the other. They are so graceful.

This is really nice, Peter. Having the light on the head that way works beautifully. I don’t think you need to bring up the shadows.

Hello, Peter, wonderful birds and I love the way you captured the moment when apparently it was attracted by something down there ! There’s enough detail in the shadows, so no need to lighten them - you could try though and see if you would like it better, but for me: fine as is ! Cheers, Hans

Nice shot with superb detail, color, and wing position. Shadows are not a problem here.

Wonderful detail and an interesting pose! Good catch!

Very interesting view Peter - From afar it appears that bring up the shadows might be better but when I looked at it full, looks OK - but do try.
If I may suggest, try cropping the right 10 % or so
Overall lovely action!

Hi
Thank you for the comments. I would like to make a correction on where the photo was taken (Hammonasset Beach State Park, Ct.) not Back River.
Here is a repost with exposure increased by .20 and a small right hand crop.
Peter

1 Like

Lovely shot, Peter. I prefer the crop in your repost, but the original exposure didn’t bother me.