Morning catch

This series of three shot was taken in Old Lyme, Ct on Aug. 15 at 7:40 AM. I really get to see an Osprey’s catch with the fish’s head still in tack.
Thank you for shopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, f7.1, 425mm, 1/2000, ISO 640. The shots are cropped around 60% into a 16 by 9.
I DXO Photo Lab 4 I reduced the highlights, increase the shadows and Gamma.

1 Like

I like the first one the best. I like the context of the water and shore. You have a nice look from the Osprey and the look on the fish is rather poignant.

I agree with Allen as to the first shot showing more context to the overall scene. This is what you’d call, “Carry Out!”

Have to agree that the first one is the best, but all of them are fantastic, well done Peter.

Very cool series! Great poses and sharpness. And an Osprey with a WHOLE fish is worth a LOT of extra points.

Impressive to catch the whole fish with the eyes mirroring those of the Osprey. I prefer the second image. While the first image has more context, I think it would be better if the intersecting shoreline was above the bird. Excellent job on the sharpness.

1 Like

What a great head-on capture, Peter! This kind of action shot has eluded me! Like David, I slightly prefer the second image for the same reason. But they are all fantastic images!

All nice captures Peter. That first fish looks really surprised! I’ll say I prefer the first image most as it appears sharpest to me. All fine captures though.

Hi
Thank you all for the comments. The Osprey are not always this cooperative.
Peter