House keeping

This photograph was taken at Four Mile River in South Lyme, Ct.

This is the same pair of Osprey’s I posted before, still working on the nest. I used Lightroom’s adjustment brush to bring down the exposure and highlights on the trees in the background.
The first shot is cropped about 30% and number 2 is about 40%.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 04/02/20 08:06:58
Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1000
Av(Aperture Value) 6.3, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation +1/3, ISO Speed 1000
Lens 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015
Focal Length 374.0mm, Image Quality RAW, AF Mode AI Servo AF

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Cool action shots. I prefer the first one because there is good separation between the incoming branch and the sitting bird and the composition is more dynamic. In the second, it looks like the incoming branch is hitting the bird. The focus on the first one looks a bit better, too. Nice DOF in both. Nice project!

Hi Bonnie
Thank you for the comment. I put them is this order because the first shot does have better focus.
Peter

I also prefer the first image. Good action here. Good control of exposure and plumage detail more so in the first image. Some of the whites on the second Osprey are slightly blown on the wing. Sure looks like it’s fun to watch.

Very cool behavior and well done images, Peter. I tend to prefer the first for the angles of the birds to the viewer, but both are good documentary images.