Bishop Creek Aspen Hillside

This is my most enjoyable print from a 2017 Workshop with Jack Graham and Guy Tal. Please Enjoy!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I like the double layer and the fantastic light, Dick. For some reason, that bare treetop on the left side of the upper grouping keeps grabbing my eye.

Actually, I popped that a little for this post … too much?

Dick, the lighting here is wonderful. It really sets off the groups of trees. I think that bare tree in the upper left is a neat “cookie”…a bit of a surprise and a nice change-of-pace from the glowing, backlit foliage.

Nice light popping on the brilliant trees. I might be inclined to burn the trees top left corner to kind of vignette attention to the center. No other thoughts.

I might have met you on the workshop. I ran into Guy and Jack’s workshop up at Lundy Lake road that year. If you met a guy with a yellow labrador talking to Jack and Guy, that was me.

Missed you. I ws down in the trees across the road … wishing for my float tube and fly rod.

1 Like

Dick: I love the challenges and rewards of shooting light like this and think you did really well. Easy to see why it is a favorite. Count me in with the group liking that bare tree in the ULC. If it was closer to the edge it might be a problem but its position works for me. Very nicely done. >=))>