Bison Herd

A herd of American bison rumbles down a snowy road in the Yellowstone park interior. We were going back and forth down this road in our snow coach looking for wolves when we turned the corner to see the bison coming. I popped out and snapped a few shots next to the vehicle.

Canon 1DX
Canon 100-400mm
ISO 500
1/640th
f/5.6

Max

Wonderful photo Max. Lucky you to have been able to get it. Love the detail and action you’ve capture here. Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

Love the dynamics of the frame, never seen so many Bisons together, must have been a thrilling experience !
I was just wondering, how it would look, if you could include more of the the treeline on the top.

1 Like

Thanks, Linda and Jagdeep. Jagdeep, there’s actually not a lot of tree line left above in the original frame, but I think I cropped it a little tighter to remove some distracting patches of snow that were popping out, and also because I wanted to line up the lead cow’s face around the lower third of the frame, proportionally.

Max

Hi Max,

This looks good with lots of details. I have only run into Bison when their coats’ are very scruffy. These look like they were carefully groomed. Only nature can provide such perfection. No nits from me…Jim

1 Like