Black-bellied Whistling Ducks

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Seen this morning at my neighborhood lake.

Specific Feedback

Any. Both birds were pretty sharp in the original capture with primary focus on the lower bird. I tried to even out the sharpness in post processing.

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III
ISO 2500, f5.6, 1/1600s, hand held

OK, I’ve never seen a Whistling Duck and I’ve certainly never heard a duck whistle but I will take your word for it :roll_eyes:

All kidding aside, this is a first for me, wonderful composition and the focus looks good to me!

They do seem a bit understated though, maybe a very slight bump in contrast would help?
One reason for that assessment is the pale sky color but it may have been more overcast than I realize.
A slight bump in contrast might boost the sharpness as well but it’s just a thought really.

In the end, and honestly, it’s really very good as presented!

I love how they both have the same wing position, and the color pattern is terrific!

Very nice!! :slight_smile:

Hi Allen
This is also a first for me. My firsts impression, was I am looking at a photograph that could be made into a wild life stamp. The framing and soft colors, just work for a stamp.
Peter

Nice composition and I like the similar poses, Allen. The pale sky doesn’t bother me, but where I live, it’s the norm. It does look to me as if the ducks could use a slight contrast boost.