Black-capped Chickadee on Drip

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another from yesterday. Compare the plumage of this chickadee with the last one I posted. Plumages are all over the place this time of year from downright ugly to as pristine as this one.

Specific Feedback

I had a bunch of frames of this chickadee perched right where it is in this one, including a few with this same head turn. I liked the position of the drop from the drip in this one best, so I chose to process it. I did a ton of cleanup on the background including repair and over-painting. Does it still look realistic.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/6.3, 1/320, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5135x3715. Taken at 12:42 PM under overcast skies.

I missed this one earlier – wonderful!! I love the pose and detail – and the perfect drip!! He/she is giving you such a nice look – “is this pose good?” Wonderful BG – I wouldn’t have known it was altered. A calm BG lets the bird get all the attention.