Black-capped Chickadee

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This guy was quite cooperative and remained stationary on the branch for enough time for me to get close and use a slow shutter speed.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5: 100-500 with 1.4 extender at 700 mm; 1/320 at f10; ISO 2500

3 Likes

WOW!! Gorgeous detail and color, lovely pose, great perch and BG! My only really small nit is a white ghostly streak to the right of the tail and to the left of the back claw. Easy to clone out.

1 Like

Very nice image Allen. Love the over the back head turn giving us a nice view of the backside. BG is quite nice too and I like the diagonal perch. I see the artifact Diane mentions which should be an easy removal job. Nice image.

1 Like

The blacks are handled perfectly in this shot. The white streak is easily fixed and its only a minor nit that is apparent if you really scrutinize the image. Otherwise, this will make a very nice small print with wide matting for the wall. Good job on capturing this one…Jim

1 Like

A classic example of elevating a look at an ordinary bird. Such a sweet pose and angle. The detail in the feathers is great, but I also like the waves of colors that meld into each other and across the bird. There’s a bit of raggedness in the plumage is great, too. These little ones work just as hard as their bigger cousins.

1 Like

Superb detail, Allen. I really like the pose. At first the head looked a bit too brownish for this species to me, but I think that’s just the effect of the really warm light you had. Excellent image.

2 Likes

HI Allen
Just another great Audubon post card. “I am ready for my close up”
Peter

2 Likes