Black Capped Chickadee

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

this is a black capped chickadee getting out on one of my perches. realize that the white lichen is a little bit of I magnet and I did what I could to darken as much of it is possible without making it look a little weird.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Iso-2500, 400+ 1.4 X, F10, 1200th, Sony A1

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Excellent! Great “curious” pose, sweet BG, and that marvelous lichen aadds a lot of interest.
Well done!

thanks, it always helps to find photogs out there who appreciate the small and common

“Small and common” in a great setting and processed well is always cool to see.
Subjects don’t have to be exotic to be interesting. :slight_smile:

I agree with @SandyR-B here David. This is such a nice intimate look at the chickadee. Great look. pose, colors, BG, perch. Nice overall package deal here.

Excellent, David. I think you did very well on the lichen-it looks completely natural and doesn’t attract my eye any more than it should. You’ve really been on a roll lately.

Chickadees might be dirt common, but always worth it as a photo subject. Comp is pretty good and the perch has those interesting lichens and mosses which draws the eye into where the chickadee is perched A fun image to look at and chickadees are too cool to pass up…Jim

Love the perch with the lichen and good view of the eye. Pleasing BG. Good feather detail. Well done.

Nice, David. Very well captured. I like his head tilt.

Very nice! Look like you have worked out some processing issues! I could see more crop from the bottom to hide most of the lower lichen patch but that’s not a big complaint.