Black-necked Stork

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 5D III; 500 mm; 1.4 X; ISO 320; 1/1600 sec. at f 7.1

3 Likes

J…some truly amazing detail in this image. Needless to say the light has provided the illumination that has aided with this overall clarity…nice work as always… :+1:

1 Like

My first reaction was ‘oh wow’ and there it shall stay. The wing position is so perfect! It helps give attention to that marvelous head and well, I love the feet, too. Super catch. I bet these are fascinating birds to watch. Cranes usually have some dramatic pair bonding rituals, but I wonder if storks do as well.

1 Like

I like the colors both in the bird and the background. Very sharp and nice wing position.

1 Like

Beautiful!! The colors are gorgeous and like others, I like where you caught the wings. The only little suggestion is there is a small white circle cloud in the far L part of the sky that catches my eye. It’s just a little brighter than the other clouds. Very nice job!!

1 Like

Wow! it doesn’t get any better than this, Jagdeep! An impressive job of managing the exposure which is difficult with this kind of direct, bright light on white feathers! Focus, detail, colors and isolation of the subject are all exceptional also, not to mention composition. I’m curious. Did you do any blurring of the background in post editing?

A fantastic shot all around! :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks friends !
Thanks @Gary_Minish !
No I didn’t do any blurring on BG.

You caught this stork at the right moment. Beautiful shot. I like this image as presented–colorful and tack sharp. Awesome…Jim

Beautiful flight shot, Jagdeep. I really like the head and neck against the far wing. I do notice a touch of what looks like sharpening fringe that’s particularly evident around the neck, head and bill, though there’s just a hint in other places as well.

1 Like

Beautiful @JRajput. A well-deserved EP!

1 Like