Blackbuck at sunrise

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; 1.4x; ISO 2000; 1/1250 sec. at F 6.3

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Beautiful color and light, composition and detail. The grasses sparkle with this lighting and give dimension by its inclusion in front of the buck. The oof animals in the background complete the image’s environmental feature. Wonderful image!

1 Like

A strong image of a great looking animal Jagdeep and I also like the addition of the oof ones in the background. It’s taken at a time of day when the the sunlight gives such a strong cast and warmth to a scene, and I’m sure that this was your intention, but If I’m honest it is a little too strong for me. The strong orange cast seems to dominate just a bit too much.
I have done quite a bit of ‘golden hour’ work recently and found that my camera sensor accentuated the colour temperature slightly.

This is gorgeous, Jagdeep. Everything in this is just beautiful. Maybe a slight crop from the left but it’s not a big deal at all.