Bluberry Maple Jam

A roadside tree framed by some blueberry ground cover.
Acadia National Park
:vulcan_salute:

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, 35-135 @ 48mm, CPL, 1/20 @ f/16, ISO 400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
6 Likes

Wow, quite the nice color blast. The very front reds look a bit intense to my eye, kind of making them a visual barrier to entry for me. Nothing critical, but I notice it each time I look at it.

Michael, I like this composition and the three dominant color combination. Color being subjective, for me the green in the pines looks a little yellow but that is a nit. I like this very much and it does remind me of the intense colors that are so prominent in the NE.

This is a beautiful blend of red, orange and green colors, Mike. The lowbush blueberry makes for a wonderful carpet of color around the maple and the greens in the BG finish it off rather nicely. Looks similar to mine.

Michael,

Wow - I guess this gives a whole new meaning to the term, “Rolling out the Red Carpet…” :laughing::wink:

I think the key to the success of this one rides on the presence of the greens to provide a little separation between the orange and the reds. But oh my, what a color burst!

Debating on whether or not cloning the two yellow leaves would be better. Your choice of course, thought I would mention - not a biggie though.

Lon

The red leaves of the blueberry bushes are actually my favorite aspect of autumn in Acadia, and this image does a wonderful job showcasing them. I like the dominant placement of the tree in the center, it creates a very powerful statement. I agree with @Lon_Overacker and @Alan_Kreyger about the green pines. They play a crucial role in achieving separation of the ornage maple from the background. But I think Alan is right, if the greens were shifted to being less yellow/green and more green in hue, they would enhance this separation even more. And the green would create stronger color contrast against the red bushes.

Michael, I had to put my sunglasses on for this one…:sunglasses:
What a wonderful array of brilliant colors here. I do agree with some thoughts for change from both @Harley_Goldman @Lon_Overacker, with regard to toning down the FG red slightly and possibly cloning out the two yellow or orange fallen leaves. The image works excellent as is, they’re just thoughts for another look. Regardless, just enjoying the scene here…:+1::+1:

Stunning color Michael. I also love the composition. Agree with Alan and Lon on the greens.

I actually like the lime aspect of the greens and would prefer it to making them cyanish. For me the red on the bottom is just too much. I think the color composition above the “red carpet” is wonderful and the red hurts the composition.

Michael, what a beautiful world you live in if these colors are real. And I will believe that they are. I see no nits , I only see a fine composition and colors that fit together .

I just had a quick look through your portfolio here and boy, you like colour! As it happens, I like it too so I just wanted to say I love your work.

Grt, Ingrid.