Blue Jay - I'm Free RePost

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5DS-r, at f8, 1/5000, ISO 200, 560mm Canon 100x400 with 1.4III extender. Removed part of darker perch , Reduced emphasis of Perch. Added Vignette. ! 054A4184-Edit 3-1|422x500

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. Sharpened head and reduced vignette.

Hi John, I love the moment you’ve caught and technically is great and with the colour of the back of the wing and the face/eye. A lot of skill as well as patience and luck too probably. The composition really works in my view also, so thanks for the image! Philip at

1 Like

Nice clear details on this lifting off image. Camera does a really good job in iso-200. I think you could have had a slightly narrower f-stop as some of the head appears out of focus but could be due to motion even at 5000th. Good job on the processing. I think I’d like to see more space on the left-hand side so the bird was flying into something.

1 Like

Thanks for comments. I spent a lot of time waiting for a good wing spread shot on this particular bird. Thanks again. . . .
Wayne

Man, this is special. Great capture. I would not change a thing. A wall-hanger, I say.

1 Like

That’s a wonderful pose and moment captured. I wish the head was in focus. I’d reduce tghe amount of the vignette effect a little.

1 Like