Bobcat - Another Look

Another look at the 'cat that was in my back yard last Saturday. I sent the photos and a trail cam video to the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation to see if any particulars could be determined about this animal such as age, gender, etc. The biologist for the furbearer program answered that the only thing that could be determined for sure is that it’s a “sub-adult”.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom @ 200mm, f/8, 1/250 sec., ISO 800. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied. I applied a luminosity mask to try to offset the shading, and applied some cloning to the bright spot behind his tail.

Terry, I think I prefer this shot over the last one. Eye contact is great here. The upper right corner is a bit distracting, but not sure you can crop it out without affecting the cat…

1 Like

Thanks, David. How about something like this?

Perfect! I like how that really focuses on the cat. Nice!

1 Like

What a beautiful kitty!! I’d be putting out Fancy Feast and laying in wait for the next opportunity!

1 Like

Ha! If I put out any kind of food, I’d have every kind of critter in the county camped in my back yard! :joy:

That would be the general idea! :grinning: