Resident Bobcat

This week’s Challenge is tailor-made for me, since almost all the photos I capture are taken in my yard. This bobcat has been a regular visitor in the last six months, and I’ve taken many photos of it.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any. I wish he had been fully in the sun, but I like the fact he’s looking at the camera.

Technical Details

Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom @ 180mm, f/5.6, 1/1000 sec., ISO 1000. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied.

2 Likes

Whoa, Terry. He looks like he is sizing you up for a meal! Are you ever concerned about their presence? I do like that he face is in the shade so you’ve gotten some great detail. Can’t wait to see what else goes through your yard.

1 Like

He is certainly curious about me, isn’t he @linda_mellor? In answer to your question, the possibility of seeing wildlife like this is the reason the wife and I bought this piece of ground. We love having these critters around. But, I have a healthy respect for them, and always try to make sure I give them their space. And I don’t want them to become “tame”. I want them to remain wild, and cautious of humans.

1 Like