Boulder in the River, Yosemite

Boulder in the Merced River, Yosemite Valley

I recently reworked this image to tweak color and tonality in the boulder. What do you think? Any further tweaks needed?

Do you have any thoughts on the composition?

Nikon D-7100
Nikkor 18-140mm
F16 @ 1/2s, ISO 320
11/2014

Your thoughts are always appreciated.
-p

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like it! Processing looks good to my eye as does the comp. Nice intimate scene from Yosemite.

Beautiful abstract textural image. Perfect composition with respect to the boundary between the water and the rock. The subtle shadings in the water really make this work well.

Preston, kind of funny how when we revisit some of the older images our newer process thoughts and ideas can kick into high gear. Excellent abstract and final process done very well. I do recall this one from a time back at NPN #1:sunglasses:

Really like it, Preston. Colors are very nice. I might think about a perfect simmetry between the upper and the lower part. This would enhance the abstract quality of it. Good to see this kind of image

Preston, I’ve looked at this a number of times and I like it more each time. Exposure and detail look good. This is a fine example of a perfect reflection. If mine I would go for symmetry and crop to an exact 50/50 split as an option, right along the dark-to-light line. Things like this are always fun for me to view.

Striking abstract, Preston. I looked at this image a couple of times and can’t come up with any suggestions. Composition and processing look spot-on.

Preston,

A bit late, thought I had commented… apparently not.

Excellent! For such a static subject, there is a nice flow and dynamic to this the way the rock is cut and creates a left-to-right flow. I can’t say I’ve ever done this to illustrate a comment, but these character strings might: ] ] ] or > > > Does that make any sense?

Well seen and captured.

I really like this, Preston. The mix of colors is fantastic and I love all the textures. I might brighten it a tiny bit but otherwise think this comes together as a lovely abstract scene.