Breakfast will be a little late

I’m sorry, sweetheart, but that disgusting woodpecker is hogging the feeder again and that stupid woman with the camera is just sitting there smiling.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Canon R5, 100-500 at 500, f/7.1, 1/640, ISO 6400. Very early light, before the sun had come over the hill to the east. Very minor tonal tweaks in LR, white balance warmed up, into PS for denoise. No cloning. Cropped to 68% of the full frame. Hot off the press this morning.

3 Likes

A very attractive shot; grabs your attention immediately. Nice poses on a nice perch with a pleasing and complementary background. Well done.

Love the dialogue, Diane. The expressions fit your words perfectly. The soft backdrop really makes the birds pop. Nicely done.

Wonderful image Diane. The expression of the two birds is terrific especially the backwards glance of the bird on the right. Great perch and background. Nice processing and details. Well done.

A beautiful image, Diane. They posed for you very nicely. The bright breast of the left bird tends to draw my eye and hold it. You might try bringing it down a bit to let the viewers eye move back and forth more easily.

OMG you just keep killin’ it! These two are so gorgeous. The light and the poses are perfect. Normally when I get two birds on a branch they won’t face each other for love or money. Warming the wb a touch was the right choice here - it harmonizes the color palette and gives them almost a glow. The lighter bird’s eye is a touch out of the focal plane, but oh the interaction is too good to miss. Now would you get those stoopid woodpeckers off the suet already!?

Fantastic image with superb detail, composition, and background. Well processed for ISO 6400.

Oh that is just perfect, Diane. Really nice comp, poses, and processing. Laughed out loud at your dialog. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure how I missed this beauty, Diane. I really love this image, and had a nice laugh at the dialog too. I went back looking at some of your bird images taken with the R5. I just got mine, and I think it is a really neat camera, but lots to learn.