"Breaking Bad"

A rising tide and strong off shore winds was backing up the breaking waves and blowing off the tops. Location was Atlantic Ocean in Chincotegue NP, VA

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all are appreciated

Technical Details

1/10 sec @f/10 with 100-400 G lens @ 300mm mounted on a Sony 7RM3 body

Hi James,

Thanks for posting this. I love wave shots with some longer shutter speeds. Enough to bring a sense of motion in to the scene, which you’ve done here wonderfully. The quality of the light on the water is magical. I had two reactions when I viewed large…

1. My initial reaction was I wish the shutter speed was shorter or longer, just a smidge. It’s fast enough to capture details, but not sharply, and slow enough to get a sense of motion. This is a personal preference, I sort of wish it would have been a bit on one or the other sides of the spectrum, just a bit more, to know clearly what your intention was.
  2. I think this would benefit greatly from a slight vignette to create more depth in the image as well as quieting the borders.

I think this is a really good shot and a keeper for sure. Please take my comments with a grain of salt and know it’s a personal preference thing. Technically this is a solid shot! Well done.