Broadmoor

A bit of illusion from a high perspective, the hotel is not really on the edge of the rock. No need for an AI or fancy Ps blending. You can actually see this in real life, iff you are there the right time of day/year. The colors are analogous, but there is still plenty of tonal and conceptual contrast.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I’m happy with it overall, especially because I hand blended two focus points on a windy day.

I don’t like the dead trees. I would not clone them out, but I could have tried to deemphasize them by lowering exposure, at least the middle ones. On the other hand they point at the hotel.

If anyone has opinions dealing with dead trees…

Technical Details

Two layer focus stack, long focal length, perhaps 200mm, probably at the lenses sweet spot. A handful of global edits. Some portions homes cloned out of the dead trees at the top.

Michael, welcome to the Weekly Challenge. The perspective here is interesting although a close look shows that the buildings are well behind the rocky ridge in the front. The warm browns in the rocks work well with the green trees. While I sympathize with minimizing the leafless trees at the top, cutting off the top of what I’m guessing is a lightning rod on the building to the left creates a minor distraction.

I agree on that. It was an unfortunate problem when blending two images with near and far focus. The far focus lost those pixels, probably because pressing on the shutter moved the camera a bit. I supposed I could just clone out the rod. That might be the best option.