Buck Jump

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Any pertinent technical details: I was lucky to capture this moment on a darkly lit morning. Of course I was not in charge of the positions of the prominent fenceposts but I do like the moment. What say you? D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/800th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 3600, cropped to 3781 x 3092, AI Clear.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent detail, Dave. Interesting that it jumped at an angle. I usually see them going perpendicular to the fence, but that probably depends on terrain. Lovely background and I like the line of the fence. Maybe a bit more room in front of the buck if it’s available.

It looks like you have a very busy Acorn Woodpecker in the area.

Dennis- I’m think that its angle of jump is related to our stopped vehicle. Just a guess. I’m thinking that this is a very old fence. Anything around here that’s old wood is likely to have tons of Acorn Woodpecker holes. I kinda like the look. Thanks for the comments. There is no more room to add in front of him.