"Bug Cafe"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/1000sec at f/6.7, 150-600mm lens at 600mm, ISO 100.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Doug,

Wonderful image. I think the detail is great where it counts - with the “bugs” and the important parts of the flower. I also like the selective focus/depth of field throwing the bg out of focus - PLUS, the darker bg is a benefit in keeping attention where it needs to be.

I hate to be buggy about this… but I think this image is better suited in another gallery. Question is, would you prefer this in Flora or Macro? I think this qualifies for macro??? But regardless, I’d like to give you the opportunity to choose. Either you can change the category, or I can move this as well.
Let us know.

thanks!

Lon

Doug: Beautiful water lily in really good light with a fine party crasher. I think I would make the smaller insect go away as I don’t think it adds much. I go along with Lon and think this really belongs in Flora. >=))>

Thanks Lon & Bill. Yes, it definitely belongs in flora. Lon, feel free to move it over, and I will pay closer attention next time I load. TX again!