Bullock's Oriole

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Some friends told me that they had a Bullock’s repeatedly attacking its image on one or their house windows so I went over and set up to try to snag the action. I got some crumby shots of the action but I ended up liking this shot best of it perched briefly close to the window. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 1100, tripod/gimbal head, AI Clear, cropped to 1965 x 2404

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Excellent detail in the Oriole, Dave. I like the pose. Hopefully your neighbors can find a way to discourage it. We had to cover our vehicle mirrors last summer to keep a male Bluebird from battering itself silly on them.

Nice detail and pose and complementary background.

Hi Dave
A truly classic photograph. Nice work.
Peter

A real pretty looking bird with such a strong color. Well done on the exposure. You captured a ton of fine detail. Good for you.

I’ve never seen one of these in person, so I bet this was a real treat! Bird looks pretty good, although the image quality looks like it’s suffered some. Perhaps from a big crop? Two other suggestions for improvement: see if you can get it on a lower perch and with more direct lighting.