Bullock's Oriole

Not a bird seen around here, Delta BC, often. It is a first time for me and I have lived here since 1983. I was also able to get a couple shots of the female. Some days a person gets lucky.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Cropped to 75% of a vertical crop from a horizontal.
I toned down the bright spots and leaves. 7D11, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/800, ISO 400.

1 Like

Great shot! I like the way the Bullock’s Oriole’s pose and body curve mirrors the curve of the branch. Nice, clean background. Well done!

I really like the composition with the pose and curved branch. Pleasing background.

Very nice use of the curve of the branch to make this composition work. Great example of including the environment.

Well composed with excellent color and detail. As others have mentioned, the curved branch perch is very pleasing.

David, I had to make a comment, agree to all previous and a special mention for the excellent and beautiful sharpness of this photo.
Wayne