Fledgling Bullock's Oriole

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

This was shot last July, at a feeder. Shade on the bird, sun just hitting the distant trees behind. I got lucky with the warm light matching the bird so well. Canon 1DX2, 600mm f/4 + 1.4X, ISO 1600, f/14, 1/200 sec., sturdy tripod, from a hide. Cropped to about 50% of the frame, minimal tonal adjustments in LR. Into PS for Topaz DeNoise AI and minor burning of the edges.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Diane,
What a contented looking bird. He seems to be posing for you! The sharp detailed feathers give a wonderful soft look. I love the matching feathers and background. BG is truly unique and makes the bird stand out more.
Ann Louise

Diane,
It all came together for you in this image and you took full advantage, Well Done

Excellent color and detail. Enjoyable pose. I think I would add a little more room on the right side just to get a different frame size and give the bird more room to look into.

Excellent detail and a nice pose and perch. The background complements the oriole nicely. Well done.

A pretty bird and a pretty photo. Really nice pose. Well done.

An excellent capture, Diane. Wonderful details, and I love the head turn he gave you.

A really nice image - love the DOF to really blur out the background.

Hi Diane
This photo should be in all the bird books. Nice work.
Peter

Thanks guys! David, I like your canvas extension – it has enough interest to balance the bird.

Hi Diane–Very nice. I like the comp, but I think adding a little bit of canvas on the right strengthens the comp. Either way, I love both versions…Jim