Cacti

Reviewing some photos from early 2020 and stumbled upon this shot from Joshua Tree.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 150 mm; 1/400 at f5.0, -2/3 EV; ISO 125

Allen, this is a fine shot, with a nice touch of “awwwww”. The back lighting sets the cacti off well. A good job of seeing.

1 Like

Hi Allen, I like it too, so going to check out my shots from Saguaro NP years ago :grin:. I had to look it up and think its a California barrel cactus, which will flower up top. I know it takes years for these things to grow so wondering how old this guy (and offspring) are. Centering them works well here, along with the portrait orientation. Lots of needle details and the backlighting is a nice highlight. You didn’t fill the frame, and so some interesting environmental details are shown. Overall nice work!

1 Like

I like this, Allen! It has the same feeling as a parent & child wildlife photo. The shape of the cactus makes the centered composition work quite well.

1 Like

Allen: Really nice lighting of a very interesting subject. Just the right amount of environment to suit me as well. Nicely done. >=))>

1 Like