Cadillac Mountain, Acadia

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Drawn to smaller scenes rather than grand vistas here.

Specific Feedback

Should the right 1/4 be cropped out? Not sure if it adds or detracts.

Technical Details

24mm f/18 1/13 sec iso 100

1 Like

Mario do you mean the crop of 1/4 of the bottom part of the image? For me yes because it inceases the sight of the vegetation that have very nice details and colors.

Interesting suggestion Giuseppe. I originally was talking about the right side rather than the bottom.

Wonderful image. Simple yet meaningful. It has a glow to it somehow.

Rocks and lichen are signatures of Cadillac Mountain. I agree with @Igor_Doncov - this is a fine image. I would crop some from the right, but not from the bottom.The white rock and grass on the right don’t add anything to the image. They may even be a distraction. After cropping there, I’d also clone out the bright blue sky either by cloning, using the remove tool in PS, or any other way. I would add more of the darker sky with clouds in this area. While I think the rocks and lichen are fine, I might experiment with boosting saturation in the yellow-green lichen on the rocks, but don’t do it if it looks unnatural. I tinkered and did the crop and used the PS remove tool to fix the sky and some area on the right. I also added a 30% vignette.

Wonderful image, Mario.

2 Likes

Lovely image! I do prefer the cropped version, although I prefer the unedited version for the more subdued contrast and saturation.