Cadillac Mountain Summit

This is an old image taken in 2009 at Arcadia National Park, Maine. The green on the rocks is lichen. I revisited the image and tweaked the PP some. The light is late afternoon with low sun. There may be some poor focusing in middle trees due refraction or just my lack of skill at the time.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D80, 18-200mm at 105mm, 1.3 seconds, ISO 320

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I noticed a branch that is a distraction on left edge and fixed it.

Fascinating image. I like the way you see. I thought the top layer was a bit too bright with the highlights especially too bright. I used a gradation filter to make this adjustment in ACR. At first I tried a crop but that removed essential parts of the composition. The base at the bottom looks a bit like water. With all those branches a sharper image could have helped a lot but the vision is the main thing here and it’s real good.

Thanks @Igor_Doncov. I fully agree with your adjustment on the top as well as with your comments. Many thanks. Larry

Larry,
I love the creativity of this unique image. I think @Igor_Doncov offered some good suggestions. This is really good seeing on your part. I might try a little stronger vignette but this is wonderful as presented.

Very well seen and captured. I quite like @Igor_Doncov 's direction and I would take it even further if it works. I find I want to keep my attention in the rock and foreground trees and the brighter areas above are pulling me there. More burning along the top would work for me.

Larry, this is a really neat intimate scene. I love those little twisted trees, they tell a story about hanging on in a harsh environment. The softness may be due to subject movement, I have been to Cadillac’s summit many times, and it almost always pretty windy, and you used a 1.3 sec exposure. With that said, the softness is not a big deal to me either. I so like Igor’s direction and agree with Harleys suggestion to burn the top rocks.

Nice job of seeing this scene.

Thanks @Alan_Kreyger, @Harley_Goldman, and @Ed_McGuirk. You comments and suggestions are appreciated. I have burned in the top of the image per @Igor_Doncov’s and your advice. Most helpful. Larry