Cape Sebastian -WC #866

Captured on a Southern Oregon Coast workshop with Nick Page! Let me know your thoughts!

1 Like

I like this, Jordan. The fog really accentuates the height of the trees. The exposure looks right on for coastal forests.

1 Like

Wheeeeee, I’m sure enjoying the almost dizzying sense of great height along with the luscious greens. This works very well.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree!

Clearly I have to go back and explore that area on land. Knew it well at sea once upon a time, but never spent any time exploring on shore. My loss!

1 Like

Just excellent point of view in this image. Very effective. Perfect depth of field and angle.

1 Like

A unique and wonderful foggy scene, Jordan! This is perfect for both this challenge and the previous leading lines challenge! The large version is especially nice as it puts you right at the base of that center tree and has much more presence. Very 3D looking also. Good eye for the the opportunity and an excellent shot!

1 Like

All those broken branches really tell a story in this old forest, and the fog makes a perfect back drop for them. I’m curious what your lens was for this, as I love the heights that it reached. Great image.

1 Like

Very cool POV and the moss is outstanding as is the fog, Jordon. How was the workshop with Nick Page? Just wondering as he looks like a great instructor after viewing some of his videos.

1 Like

Hey thanks for all the love y’all! This one was kinda a sleeper; didn’t expect it to turn out so well.

@Kathy_Barnhart - this was shot with the Nikon 14-24 AF-S at 14 or 15 I believe,

@Ed_Lowe - Nick is the man. Really good teacher and works his tail off to get everyone the goods. I kinda stayed out of his way to let him focus on some of the less experienced folks, but picked his brain as I needed.

Lovely image Jordan.