Editors Picks 2018

Originally published at: https://naturephotographers.network/articles/editors-picks-2018/

Thank you to all our amazing members for another fantastic year of beautiful nature images, if it were not for you there would be no NPN.

It has been an interesting year to say the least! An all new site with a new direction (but with the same core values), we have tripled membership since the change in ownership and continue to add new members every day. We have brought on a host of new contributors and will be adding many more this year.

For this years editors picks our moderators had the painful task of picking images from the old site and the new, I know it was an ardous task. A big shoutout to our moderators who make NPN great, please give them a huge thank you. We have asked members that had picks from the old site to repost these on the new site so members can still comment on them.

Without further ado, here are this years selections!

Avian

Avian 1st

First Place

Take Out at Tide Flats by Gary Minish
Comment on this photo

Avian 2nd

Second Place

Great Egret in Caddo Lake, TX by Terri Barnett
Comment on this photo

Avian 3rd

Third Place

Grebe with Snack by Dan Kearl
Comment on this photo

Flora

Flora 1

First Place

Draft Drawing by Giuseppe Guadagno
Comment on this photo

Flora 2

Second Place

Poinsettia & Elephant Ears by Michael Lowe
Comment on this photo

![Flora 3|727x950](upload://4jJu0n38syQel7TQdpJEoivfXEd.jpeg)

Third Place

Arrangement #1 by Kathy Snead
Comment on this photo

Human and Fauna

HnF 1st

First Place

Town Pump by Dennis Plank
Comment on this photo

Second Place

Great Horned Owlet by Jim Hansen
Member did not re-post on the new site

HnF 3rd

Third Place

Painted Turtle on Plank by Norma Tareila Matley
Comment on this photo

Landscape

Landscape 1st

First Place

A glacier in the Clouds by Tom Nevesely
Comment on this photo

Landscape 2nd

Second Place

Northeast Kingdom Tapestry by Ed McGuirk
Comment on this photo

Landscape 3rd

Third Place

Drumrunie Sublime by Ian Cameron
Comment on this photo

Macro

Macro 1

First Place

Golden Brown Brahma Hen by Bruce King
Comment on this photo

Macro 2

Second Place

Hairy by Igor Hoveijn
Comment on this photo

Macro 3

Third Place

Golden Lady by Bill Leggett
Comment on this photo

Non-Nature

Lalibela Day 3 PM

First Place

Orthodox Priest by Richard Sandor
Comment on this photo

NN 3rd

Second Place

Seattle Center by Reno DiTullio
Comment on this photo

NN 3

Third Place

In Need Of A Tow by Paul Breitkreuz
Comment on this photo

Photo Art

PA 1st

First Place

Tree by Danny Laureys
Comment on this photo

PA 2nd

Second Place

Maples In Oil by Dan Kearl
Comment on this photo

![PA 3rd|1024x1024](upload://o3VlBQmaVOyHxQKTlpDxZKFBhiH.jpeg)

Third Place

Egret Impression by Sandy Richards-Brown
Comment on this photo

Wildlife

Puma Mother And Cubs

First Place

Pumas in Snow by Max Waugh
Comment on this photo

Wildlife 2

Second Place

Yellowstone Serenity by Sandy Richards-Brown
Comment on this photo

Wildlife 3

Third Place

Mobula_Devil Ray by Charles Gangas
Comment on this photo

Weekly Challenge

WC 1ST

First Place

Green Violetear by Jim DeWitt
Comment on this photo

WC 2ND

Second Place

Soft Niagara Sunrise – Iconic Niagara Falls by James Johnston
Comment on this photo

WC 3ED

Third Place

Cape Sebastian by Jordan Inglee
Comment on this photo

Join NPN
1 Like

Congratulations to all!

FYI some of the images in this post got squished in the translation from the original blog post, please see this post for the full images https://naturephotographers.network/articles/editors-picks-2018/

2 Likes

Gorgeous work! Congratulations to all! :+1:
–P

1 Like

Hearty congratulations to all the winners for such highly worthy images. Simply outstanding!

2 Likes

Wonderful work! Sincere thanks to the mods for the difficult work of making final selections.

2 Likes

Thank you to the moderators for the difficult task of making the 2018 Editors Picks, but also for all of the “behind the scenes” work they put in throughout the entire course of the year. Their year round effort is greatly appreciated.

And thank you for selecting one of my images as a 2018 Editors Pick, it is quite an honor to have my work included in this fantastic collection of nature images. Congratulations to all of the winners :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the unexpected honor. And thank all the moderators and David for all the work they put into this site.

The other winning images are all fantastic!

2 Likes

Congratulations to all of the winners a big thank you to all of the moderators for all of your efforts! NPN really does set the bar very high, well done!

2 Likes

Heartiest congratulations to all the winners, what a fantastic collection !

Cheers !!!

1 Like

Wow, thank you very much for the honour! I am thrilled to be included among such great images from some very, very talented photographers.

I’d also really like to thank the entire NPN team for all of their hard work and dedication!!!

1 Like

Big thanks to the mods both on the old and new sites (I know we’ve brought several on board during the transition). Congrats to all of the honorees for some fine image.

Max

1 Like

Congrats to all–Images look great…Jim

Please also congratulate @Jim_DeWitt, @James_Johnston, and @Jordan_Inglee for their picks in the Weekly Challenge category, we missed this category the first time around, sorry about that guys! You can see their images at the bottom of the original post, nice work!

2 Likes

Beautiful work, everyone. I’m proud to be part of such a talented community. And thanks to the moderators who do the hard work. We appreciate all that you do and wish you a wonderful 2019.
Kathy

I’m honored for one of my photos to have been chosen in this group! I’d also like to add my thanks to the moderators for all their work. So much talent and so many people giving of their time in this group. It’s truly a pleasure to be a member.

Congratulations to all the winners! A great collection of photographs were selected. Thanks for all the time and effort by the moderators throughout the year. It is appreciated.

Woo! Thanks for the love!