Arrangement #1

So, I have posted before about my “flora burnout”, so being forced to travel in some new directions. In turn the new directions are forcing me to learn more about photo shop - a good thing.

This is a work or idea in process. It was shot on a light table and then taken into photo shop where I used a tad of lab color. I really don’t know much about what I am doing with lab color, but at least I know now that it is there.

D800, 6o mm macro at f36, .8 sec, ISO125, tripod (inverted), cable release,

Any commentary is fair game :joy:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Beautiful. Whatever you did turned out well. I’ve tried using LAB as well and it can make the colors pop, but it is easy to overdo it, something I’ve been guilty of. Your technique looks good and with the framing, I could see this being sold as a card.

Way to jump into PS with both feet! This is scrumptious, bodacious and just darn good!:heart_eyes:

Allen
Thank you!. I know now what you mean about lab. I turned this photo blue at one point. :hushed:
Trying different things is a good way to spend a snowy day.

Phil

Thank you!!! Im into this photo shop stuff a bit now. Your explanation of how you do some things has spurred me on. Just so many more possibilities in photo shop although I still think lightroom does a very good job on its own.
I even bought a focus stacking program! Another experiment.

This is a beautiful image Kathy! The light table provides an excellent high key background while giving the subject perfectly even back-lighting. The subject and the arrangement are perfect for this, as is your post processing. Well done!

Beautiful! I love the arrangement.

Thanks Bill. I appreciate that. It took me about an hour to get that laying right and the stems not sticking up!

Delightful, whimsical and very cool processing.

Kathy: What Phil said x 2! Superbly crafted image in every way. :+1::+1::+1::+1:>=))>

This is lovely, Kathy. The curling leaves give it some movement, and the alstroemeria are perfect for the light box. Whatever you figured out in PS, it worked well. I might like a little more room between the lower blossoms, but that is a minor nit.

Just gorgeous! Congrats on the (double) WP!
Sandy

and congrats on the YEARLY pick too!
An exceptional image!
Sandy

Congratulations Kathy. This is indeed a fabulous image.