Dancing Cosmos

Started this a couple of months ago and only was just able to return to it.
D 800 , 300 MM f4 at f 4

created another layer and more petals and painted in, used various textures and painting of color in PS, used a painting effect in PS to paint the picture back in after I had whited out a layer.

Had a hard time with the last step as I could not find the “flat bristle 111 px brush” in PSCC. Could not even find the "thick heavy brush that it is supposed to be a part of. So I used two other brushes, one a charcoal and one a pastel. If anyone could point me to the above missing brush would appreciate it. Its supposed to be good for this type of thing. I downloaded a bunch of other brushes from CC but still could not find the one mentioned.

Any comments fair game . Trying to learn more photo art techniques . Have been doing a lot of video watching and reading rather than doing these past few months.

Regards to all
Kathy

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful, Kathy. I like your treatment of the flower and the background reminds me of a botanical illustration. Nicely done.

Kathy.

Love the picture and the effect you have achieved. Your knowledge and skills of the software are so far beyond mine that I’m afraid I can’t help with your question. My approach would have been completely different.

Pat

Another beauty! The soft colours, perspective, and treatment are just superb.
S

Thanks Dennis

Patricia
Thank you. I actually know just enough to be dangerous at this point. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. For instance, I just woke up this morning and found out through googling that there are different types of layers. Who knew? I was making them all from the background layer. PS is a whole new world to this LR user.

Thanks Sandy!

Whatever brushes you found did the job here , Kathy. This is just lovely, and I like the dark tones in the sepals (?) that contrast so nicely with the softness and pastels of the rest of the image.