Rose Revisited

I posted this rose last summer with the background as is and the background in the original was distracting to say the least with big blotches of color from other flowers against the green. In this version, I have applied a color wash in the same peach as the flower over the background. I then used a colored texture that I converted to black and white and played around with contrast and brightness and then painted in that texture to the picture using varying degrees of opacity.

Any commentary fair game , am trying to learn a technique of creating soft, backgrounds that add to my flowers. The flower itself here has very little changes to it, so am posting this in Flora rather than photo art.!

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Sure glad your arm and shoulder are better and you can work on and post your art!
Lovely soft colours, just enough detail in the flower, and a perfct BG.
Sandy

Thanks Sandy! I’m glad about the arm too! Can’t do many other things, but can do some computer work now!

I really like what you’ve done to the background, Kathy. Beautiful image.

Kathy: Really well done and an exceptionally nice result. Many :+1::+1::+1:>=))>

excellent! The rose itself is well shown with just the right amount of DOF. Good processing work on the BG. Good to see someone putting in time on a supporting BG instead of creating just a backdrop!

Thank you Dennis!

Kathy I love the background painted with a brush of light and colors. An award very well deserved.