Peach Rose with texture

More playing with my rose backlog. I added a texture to this one. New to this .

Any comments are fair game.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the rose, the composition and background. Assuming you placed the vignette around the rose, I would like to see the opacity and/or size reduced so there is some detail in the outer petals of the flower. (In other words, a gradual softness until it goes to the outer edge and into the background.) The delicate mood you created is captivating.

Hi Patricia

That is a very good point. That issue arose in the photo creation , however. Am attaching the original, before texture. It was shot with a lens baby . Thanks for looking at it! This texture thing is very new for me.

I see that the lens baby created the uniformity in the softness. I do prefer the background on the first post so your processing using the texture worked fine. Thanks for posting the original so I too can learn.

Kathy: I like how you’ve done this. The softness of subject and color is wonderful.>=))>

Interesting effect from the lensbaby, Kathy. I like your processing. it really tamed the background and made the out of focus petals transition into it nicely. I do think the lensbaby created a rather abrupt transition at the edges of the flower. I wonder if there’s a way to blend that zone a little more smoothly.

Dennis
I think your idea is an excellent one. Had to ponder how to execute it. What I did here was take the photo into PS, create a layer with Gausian blur, mask out the blur on that layer and then paint in the blur gradually while working on the mask. I think its a definite improvement. Thank you for the suggestion…

Excellent execution, Kathy. I really like the result.

I hate to be odd man out, but I like the first one better. It feels more dimensional. Both are quite good and show good processing work.