Water Lily

Water Lily taken with D 800 and 300 mm f4 at f18 on tripod. I used a pastel process and added several textures, with masks at various blending modes and opacities. Also added a slight vignette.

Any commentary fair game.

Love this ! The soft pastels and BG are just exquisite, and the bright yellow center sets them off perfectly.
Sandy

Kathy, I like the high key look you’ve created here, and the processing is quite artistic. My only suggestion, if the surroundings allow, is to frame the bloom such that it’s leaning into the scene. Maybe just me but it seems more appropriate that way.

A pleasing composition. You did a nice job on your artistic rendering.

Kathy: Calling this a pleasant image is a bit understated but it has a soothing quality that I find very appealing. I love how you rendered the flower. My only tiny 1 cent nit is the small patch of green on the petal at 5:30. I think I would paint in the soft pink around it. Many :+1::+1:>=))>

Photo-art or artistic photo, a difficult line to draw in this beautiful photo. Splendid work Kathy.

I think this is very beautiful, but I’m not sure I see a photograph in this anymore. If feels like it was made by a different process and not by photography.

Hi Tony - that’s why this is classified as PHOTO ART :smiley:
( and many of us think it should still be in a separate gallery! )

We take a standard photograph and work on it with Photo Art textures and filters, so the end result is much more and quite different than simply a photograph.
Sandy R-B