Soft and Lovely

Taken at Longwood Garden

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all critiques appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon SX50, F5.6, 1/500 sec., ISO 400, -0.3 exposure

2 Likes

I’ve never seen water lilies in this color before - I love them. The contrast with the green is perfect and I like how you’ve framed the flower with the leaves. The textures and shapes are intriguing. Maybe a smidge more room on the left, but that’s totally subjective.

Gorgeous!! I wonder about a tiny bit more contrast on the flower itself, to compete with the lovely lily pads.

Beautiful image. Love the color of the flower and the composition. I am not sure what the bright petal like object on the right bottom petal that projects into water.

Gorgeous image - I love how both the leaves and petals are curling; this adds to the softness. I too wonder about the unusual formations Ravi mentions by the BR petal. Some kind of reflection, which could easily be removed if you wanted to.

Fantastic! The comp and light and color and processing are handled almost perfectly. My only nit is that white reflection in the water on the right side of the flower. It looks a bit like a misplaced watermark. I’d clone it or at least tone it down substantially.