Cardinal Feeding on Holly Berries

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Using Aperture Priority, on Canon 5Dsr, f22 at 348mm using 200x400 telephoto with 1.4x extender and using hunters tent and contrived background.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

The contrasting reds and greens makes for an appealing photo. The blooming flowers add interest and I like how the photo is composed.

Thanks Allen, I appreciate your work as it gives me inspiration to take out my camera/180mm for more macro shots. Really looking forward to trying out my 180mm with 1.4x and extension tube. Will have to use a tripod.
Wayne

John, I love the pose of this beautiful Cardinal, and how the red berries go so nicely with him. On my screen, the reds of the feathers seem a bit over saturated or something. See what others think.

Thanks Shirley, I’ve reduced the red color in “hue/saturation” using Photoshop 2020. It seems better.

A lovely composition, Wayne. All those reds seem to flow together nicely. Highly unusual to be shooting a bird at f/22, but with this background, it really worked.

Hi Dennis, I shoot the scene before the final shot, because the shooting is made from a tent, I do a trial/error shot in order to get the detail and composition wanted . I have since resorted back to f10 with good results.
Thanks,
Wayne