Cardinal, Female

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5DS-R, 100x400x1.4Ext., f-8, 1/500sec., iso 800. Bad hair day.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Elegant pose on the perfect perch! Wonderful sharpness and detail, and the BG is studio-quality lighting! My only nit is that the lighting on the bird is a bit flat. A trick I often use is to brush on a quick mask with a very soft-edged brush over the center of the face and breast and use the selection to make a Curves adjustment layer and make that area subtly lighter and more contrasty.

Thanks Diane, Appreciate your suggestion because I had trouble bringing out the subject with better light without lighting the background more. Used LR and Photoshop to its limits with my knowledge.

A great pose and capture, Wayne. I also like the perch that he is on. A very nice image.

She gave you a great pose. Good detail. Nice perch and background.

I love the pose and the stray feathers. Nice overal color scheme as well. Cheers, Hans