Cave Creek Canyon + Rework

Excellent. I actually like the original. It seemed to be more colorful and dramatic.

Thank you @ed15 for your comment. I only altered the URC to eliminate the magenta tone, so I’m at a loss to justify any other changes in perception.

The rework nails it Bob. As for attractive or threatening, I think it’s a little of both which works really well. It’s very attractive with the warm and glowing foreground leading the eye to a beautiful canyon between two rocky outcroppings and a dramatic sky. You have a sense that the storm has fed the landscape and is moving off allowing the suns to peak through and light up the right rockface. All very hopeful and of course attractive.
But I also see a storm brewing dumping rain down in between the rock outcroppings and is threatening the dash the light as it moves into the valley even more. That doesn’t preclude it from being attractive though. They are not mutually exclusive so I think they actually both. This is a beautiful image, Bob! It looks like a human being has never set foot on this landscape. It looks pristine!

Thank you @ David Haynes for your comments. The clouds in the image are remnants of he storm the night before. I think I was the only person camping in the valley that night. I needed to evacuate via the flooded river/road the next morning. High clearance and 4WD required.