Cedar Waxwing #3 + Repost

Description:

This is an even higher angle than the previous one but it’s worth it to get them in a clean setting. (The tree is only about 15 ft high but it is a messy jumble of branches and the birds want to be hidden.)

Specific Feedback Requested:

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No
Canon R5, 100-500 + 2X at 1000mm, f/14, 1/320, ISO 1600, cloudy day. Only minor tonal adjustments; a few berries removed at the base and a slight crop from the left. Topaz Denoise done, but barely noticeable at this size.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Another nice photo Diane. I like all the fine detail in the waxwing. Certainly the 1000mm helps lower the angle of view.

Another fine Waxwing image, Diane. The composition is excellent.

Well processed. Nice color and detail. I also have issues with the point of view but sometimes you have no choice. Color palette is quite pleasing.

Hi Diane,

You entire series on cedar waxwings have been excellent. Outstanding detail and looks good as presented…Jim

Thanks everyone! I felt the image was a bit close on the right, which was the original frame edge, so added just a bit of canvas there. It feels better balanced now.