Ceropegia sp?

Had a discussion with a university researcher. They first took a while to ID , and then came the infor. The exact sub-species is still to be identified. A very rare flower, I was told, highly sensitive to pollution. You may find a few plants in an entire state.
This is more of a documentation of the species, a IUCN red listed I guess./
6D2, 50 MM Zeiss, with a couple of extn tubes.
Balan Vinod

Rare indeed. One that is so unusual that I wouldn’t know how to best present it. The flower and stem are both tack sharp with a clean background. Since the foreground bud or brownish foliage is a bit distracting I might play around with contact aware to see if I could eliminate it. Thanks for posting this so we can learn about different species.

Balan: Really interesting subject that looks a lot like some of the features on passion flowers, especially the spots on the shaft. Does this flower open or stay closed like shown here? Excellent DOF and plane of focus control to get the flower head and stalk in sharp focus and still keep the BG pleasantly OOF. Many kudos.>=))>

Bill,
Thanks for your comment. This is the open flower. Botanists may be interested in the different subspecies here
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=ceropegia+species

Balan Vinod

Hmm, is this all there is to this flower? It looks like a mutant, no petals. I wonder what pollinates it? Doesn’t seem to have the normal insect attraction devices (petals). Maybe it has a good (or bad) smell to attract it’s preferred pollinator. Good eye for spotting this. I looks like it prefer anonymity.