Chestnut-backed Chickadee in the Spotlight

The sun was starting to find spots of my feeding/photography setup yesterday and this little guy picked one of the lit up spots to pause in for about thee frames worth. This was the only good one

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 422 mm, gimbal head mounted to blind window, f/8, 1/640, iso 1600, manual exposure, fill flash at -2.7 ev through camo mesh. Processed in LR and PS CC. Cleaned up the perch a bit and painted over some brighter background areas above the bird. Taken yesterday at 9:40 am.

1 Like

Excellent warm color. I like the perch, pose, BG, and diagonals.

Nice work, Dennis. We don’t have that species of Chickadee here, and this is a terrific look at one. Well done.

Really nice Dennis. Light on the bird is great with a nice profile view. Background is quite complimentary. Well done.

What a cutie, and in perfect light! I wonder about a crop from the right to remove some of the branch that runs out of the frame, and a little off the top? The robust perch gives some scale to the little bird, though.

I love this photo! It could be in a field guide, it’s even better than a lot of pictures in field guides. It’s a beautiful bird captured perfectly!