Clark's Grebes

Upper Klamath Lake, Ca
I was fortunate to photograph several rushes over several days. 7D2, 500/F4+1.4, F10, 1/2000, ISO 800, -0.33 EC, tripod, Thanks for any comments or suggestions, Dave

Fortunate indeed ! Wonderful action shot of a species I have seen only ‘floating’. Love the way it’s coming towards you ! And that look ! Great ! Cheers, Hans

Another good rushing action, Dave. I like your choice of exposure comp on this. Albeit rather oddly cropped, at least to me, compared to your last I tend to favor the disturbed water here, the wing posture is more visible, and most of all, that distinctive, peculiar pose of the head and neck, which show up great at this slightly off-angle. I would be curious to see it full frame, just for comparison. Might be of interest to see a little more on the rhs, hard to tell.

Amazing detail and superb exposure. I do agree with Bill regarding the crop but that said, I have seen another version of this image elsewhere with the two grebes so I understand why you have posted this.

Unfortunately they were to close to get them both in the same frame. I am not entirely happy with the composition, but was delighted to catch quite a few rushes in good light.

Another beautiful job, Dave. Given the slight angle, I think more room on the right and less on the left might work even a little better, but I’m guessing you didn’t have the canvas on the right.

Great shot and nice to have the Grebe coming at you.