Clearing

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On my last full day in Oregon the fog was just about overwhelming everything. I had pretty much given up on getting any decent images along the Samuel Boardman Byway so as plan B I walked the shoreline at Harris Beach State Park. There were all kinds of interesting scenes and I liked this solitary fisherman casting the surf just as the fog began to clear. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 24-105 f4 G @104mm
ISO 400, 1/320 @ f8

I love the sense of scale here. It’s what I noticed first, although I do love what the combination of beautiful light and fog does for the dreamy look and depth of the image. My only other thought was I felt like I would like just a little more breathing room at the very top of the big stack. I’m not sure if that would work for you or not. It’s a lovely image from a place I hope I can get to some day!

Bill, the fisherman does a great job of setting the scale in this dreamy view. I like how the seastacks fading into the fog on the left add to the depth.