Parting Shot

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On my last day of my Oregon trip last fall the whole day was mostly cloudy and foggy. I spent most of the day on Harris Beach shooting stuff on the beach and rocks. I decided to drive up US 101 and the clouds broke and illuminated this scene. I had completely exhausted the battery on my A7rIII but I had the trusty A77II as a back up and it worked well. It ended up being a nice finish to a marvelous trip.>=))>

Technical Details

Sony A77II
Sony DT 16-50 f2.8 G @ 25mm
ISO 400, 1/2000 @ f8, HDR in PS

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
3 Likes

How cool is that. To me it looks like the fog is coming off an island blowing to the right. It looks to be crisp and clear in the air.
How would it be if you cropped the bottom to remove the grass part on the left. Or maybe add more bushes to cover or fill in the grass part. Even as is it’s still a great shot. Thanks

I like this shot a lot. I agree with John that removing some, or all of the lower left foreground grass might be beneficial. I love the whole Oregon coastline. Calendar shots, top to bottom.