Cloud Mirror

I captured this image in the John Muir Wilderness shortly after a strong thunderstorm replete with hale ripped through our campsite. As is typically the case after a clearing monsoonal storm it became totally windless and the lake surface turned to glass. Interested in any/all feedback.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Beautiful, Dave. I would clone out the stalks intruding into the reflection just to left of center, but no other suggestions. A most enjoyable view.

Beautiful, just as is.

Gorgeous Dave! The crispness of the mirrored reflection is quite fantastic. No nits or suggestions, love everything about this.

Lon

Dave, really beautiful work! I think the colors are spot on and this composition has a unique balance to it! Well done!

Love it Dave. I’d slightly darken the two corner grass areas to keep the attention more focused on the light show behind, but that’s my only nit.

What a sensational moment nicely captured.

Only one nit, and it’s a small one. I find it a bit distracting for the toe of the background ridge to be virtually in the center of the frame. I experimented with screen crops, and for my eye the image is strengthened with a small crop from the right side, just enough to “shift” that ridge toe a little away from center while removing the second patch of grass further back in the frame. Or perhaps even a crop to square. For my eyes the clouds and their reflection really pop with that change.

Beautiful image! My only suggestion would echo Hank’s, a small crop from the right side, To my eye, there is too much empty blue sky on the right side and the balance of the composition is more pleasing minus a little real estate from the right side. But a great photo as is!