Clouds - Mount Kearsarge, NH

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any Welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any Welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Panasonic DH-5 Leica DG 12-60 12mm 1/100s F/10 ISO 200

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Another impressive image. That sky is really something. It’s like a crown of some sort. I feel fine about the trees leaning in from the sides. This a really great image. I don’t know how to improve it. Perhaps a modify that tree stand below so that it doesn’t run off the frame? That’s really not that important though.

Amazing sky John! I like the contrast and overall dynamics of the image.

Very nice bw treatment, John, and the clouds, are indeed, the crown on the image, well done.

Thanks Igor! Much appreciated.

JT

Thank you Eva! I’m glad you like the dynamics.

Thanks so much Reno!

Wow John, that is one heck of a cloud, and was it ever made for B&W processing !! It must have been amazing to witness this cloud in person. I think overall the composition works very well, and does a great job of showcasing the cloud, while not diminishing the landscape. I also like that you used the dark vignetting of the blue sky at the top to emphasize the cloud.

I have a few suggestions for tweaks that would take a rally good image up another notch IMO. I would burn down the bright tree in the lower right corner (LRC), it’s so bright and near the frame edge that it is a minor distraction to me. While I like the really dark sky at the top, I could see some slight dodging of the white cloud there, while keeping the darks dark. I also would burn the darker tones in the clouds below the main cloud, this would place even more emphasis on the main cloud.
If you don’t mind, i downloaded this to rework it reflecting my suggestions.

1 Like

Hi Ed. Your tweaks work very well. I very much appreciate that you took the time to re-process the image. Much better to “show and tell” then just tell. JT