Clyde Butcher’s Parking Lot 3

This image was made at Clyde’s parking lot at his gallery. in the Big Cypress. I was waiting for my friend Scott, who was returning from a guide. Next to the parking is Leon’s pond, one of my favorite spots in the Big Cypress.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I never know where to post my bird images like this one. Are they landscapes with a bird as a fashion model?

Technical Details

Lumix S5

Hi Steve. In the avian forum, we call them Birdscapes. I like the composition of this with the fern in front of the egret a lot. I do find myself wishing for more depth of field as the egret and framing tree trunk on the left both look like they were pushing the limits of your focus zone and they are both major elements of your composition. If you couldn’t stop down, it might have been a good opportunity for focus stacking.

Hi Steve, I like this composition with the large ferns playing a major element. I find them quite interesting. I like how the ferns and bird are framed by the tree trunks. Focus looks good to me. A pleasing image.

I echo @Allen_Sparks. Very nice.

1 Like

It’s a nice environmental shot; the bird and the foliage complement each other, and the trees provide a nice frame.

1 Like